Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Sand and Wood Ornaments



I love to mix sand and glitter together and then cover things with it.
What an absurd first sentence huh? 

 (Sometimes I imagine my immigrant father reading this and thinking, "What have I done? My daughter is nuts." He is a very hairy Greek man with an accent and he is very old school. I'm pretty sure he still has no idea I opened an art studio. )

Using Mod Podge and sand and glitter, I have covered a Beach Shabby Chic Clock, glass candlesticks, Seashell Switch Plates and more, so it was very natural for me to find these nautical ornaments in my stash and decide to use my sand and glitter mix to give them a perfect beach look for my Christmas Tree.
You can find a variety of colors and grain, to create your glitter sand  mix but I prefer the most natural colors. I also brought some pink sand home from the Bahamas and made a few ornaments . I recommend trying a variety of mixes and  different grains ? This was a more coarse grain that I picked up in a dollar store.
Mix up a batch of sand and glitter. There is no recipe, just mix until it feels sparkly and perfect to you. Coat the pieces with glue or #ModPodge and sprinkle with the sand glitter mix. Allow this to dry. Sometimes it needs a second coat so you'll be brushing #ModPodge onto the first layer of sand, so make sure it's good and dry . Add more sand mix and allow to dry.
 Drill a hole and hang.

I did have a few of these Easy Wrapped Christmas Stars hanging around and added one to my crab. 
Too cute. Too beachy. Very Coastal Bohemian.

With love and gratitude,

Michele













Find me partying here all week, at these link parties, with some great bloggers.

If you are in Myrtle Beach come on down and visit us at the Coastal Bohemian Studio or Follow us out on Facebook, Pinterest , Instagram, Linkedin, or Bloglovin .

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful beachy ornaments! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way toward a coastal vibe to Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx it's always a challenge to get there as a DIYer.

      Delete
  3. Your cute ornaments would make perfect Christmas gifts for beach lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are so pretty andlook so fun to make thanks for sharing
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping and for the compliment. I will stop by your blog.

      Delete
  5. Very cute. Thank you for sharing with us at Meraki Link Party at www.doodlebuddies.net.
    Happy Holidays.
    Naush

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10