Monday, October 21, 2019

DIY Surfboard Christmas Ornaments 2019 #christmasornament # nautical #surfboard #surfornament #beachornament


This year I have no ornaments for my Christmas Tree.  
All my ornaments are in storage, so I decided I would make all new DIY ornaments for the tree. 
I love these surfboard ornaments. Can you believe I made these with paper? 

Let me show you how to make these little cuties.
I used an oaktag  paper folded in half and glued together. I wanted my paper fairly thick.


Cut out a few surfboards from the template below, then trace and cut from the thick oaktag paper.


I've included several sizes here for you to download.



Punch a small hole in the top for the ornament hook.



Paint in your favorite colors.
 If you like, paint a white strip down the surfboard.  You can also  paint a piece of washi tape and use that to get a better straight line.


Next you need to dude up your boards with a little something. I suggest some Hibiscus flowers. You can print a sheet here and cut out and glue to the painted boards. 


Now, to make the boards shiny  and glossy right? 
Triple thick will do that perfectly. 


You can add large  globs to the surfboard and carefully spread it around with a chopstick. 

If you are careful you can bring this thick gloss right to the edge without it spilling over. Let dry overnight. 
Next day, beautiful , funky surfboard ornaments for your nautical tree or for gift giving. These would be fun to make with the kids one night!!!!


#OrnamentParty 





I hope you find some fun with this ornament craft. 
Personally, I like the #CoastalBohemian design. Wink
 Image result for wink
Leave me a comment below and I'll be sure and get back to you.


Here's the video.

With love and gratitude,

Michele












Find me partying here all week, at these link parties, with some great bloggers.

If you are in Myrtle Beach come on down and visit us at the Coastal Bohemian Studio or Follow us out on Facebook, Pinterest , Instagram, Linkedin, or Bloglovin .

10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, how cute are those! So very creative and colorful. Thank you so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these, they are super fun and look so professional! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! My daughter used to live on Oahu so these would be perfect for her family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I would not have thought they were made with paper. They are so cute. Thanks for sharing with us at Encouraging Hearts and Home. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute!! Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 6. Shared.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Visiting again to say thanks so much for linking up with me at my party #AThemedLinkup 34 for All Things Christmas, open until December 31 at 12:05 am. Shared again on social media. I invite you to check out all of my themed link parties. Any link you add to my parties can also be added to my Unlimited Monthly party for more views and shares!!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10