Thursday, May 25, 2023

Funtastic Friday #438

Here's a little photo drop of what's been happening at my home and art studio in Gulf Breeze. Being outside, gardening, upcycling and just creating, a beautiful week made me feel like sharing.
These are Papyrus hanging upside down and drying in my studio. I had the crazy idea that they would look awesome spray painted in reds, whites and blues, maybe a little sparkle and something funky in the middle . Planning to decorate the house for all the patriotic holidays. 
I was able to find two Captain's chairs to complete the dining table. I had purchased the four mid century modern chairs about a year ago and had been looking for something to go with those four chairs.  I looked online for matching chairs but had not found the matching. I felt the little swoop in this ladder back worked well enough. 
Now everything is painted and covered in the new fabric and I'm extremely happy with the outcome.
There is a small piece of me that wants to drill a hole in each rung of the ladder back and hang a crystal or something. I know. I know. 

My neighbor called very early the other morning. "You have turned me into a crazy person." Well , ok sometimes  I have that effect. Haha. Apparently, she had passed some ornate metal pieces along the rd and wanted to let me know. Well, here it is. It seems it was a dismantled, decorative  firewood holder. I immediately knew I could use it to hold back flowers in the garden and then I asked my husband if he had any poles we could add to the metal to raise the metal higher. Suddenly,  I could see a garden climber. As luck would have it,  my husband did have posts for me. 




So much fun. Total cost $3 for half a can of spray paint.


I had some left over epoxy and looked around my stash for something to glue and came up with this. Can you see where I' going? Lol. I know my nautical creations aren't for everyone but I love the idea of this vintage cork as a base for a paper towel holder. Now to find the perfect seashell topper.



And I started some artist trading cards for a swap here at the studio in June. Interested in learning more about Art Trading Cards? Check out these links. 


Ok , enough of me. Let's party.





Meet Your
HOSTS








Please follow us on social media!
Favorites from last week:
MOST VIEWED & HEIDI'S PICK:
Patriotic Popsicles
How to Make Red White and Blue Popsicles from The Wooden Spoon Effect
HOST PICKS
Michele's pick:
By the Sea on a Tray from Masterpieces of my Life
Donna's pick:
close up shot of a plate of Crispy Honey Chicken garnished with green onions and served over white rice
Crispy Honey Chicken from Spaceships and Laser Beams
Angela's pick:
Congratulations to the Featured Bloggers!
Please copy and paste a Featured button to your own blog.
It's time to PARTY!
FUNTASTIC FRIDAY LINK PARTY GUIDELINES:
1. Post up to 4 links.
2. Family-friendly posts only.
3. Old posts are also welcome.
4. Comment on at least one post at the party.
5. Follow the hosts on as many platforms as you can.
We are your online friends. Let's interact, comment, and enjoy one another while supporting each other.
THANKS FOR STOPPING BY

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
With love and gratitude,

Michele












Find me partying here all week, at these link parties, with some great bloggers.

Follow us out on Facebook, Pinterest , Instagram, Linkedin, or Bloglovin .

4 comments:

  1. Love the upside down hanging Papyrus.
    Thanks for hosting and happy Memorial Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for the weekly linkup opportunity. Wishing you an awesome weekend.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10