Thursday, June 8, 2023

Simple Everyday Uses for Mixed Media Art #mixedmediaart #art #diycards #mixedmedia






Making art is a beautiful thing but finding a way to use it in everyday life is even better. Here are two small and simple ideas to help you incorporate  your art into everyday life. In this case, I'm using mixed media art.
How it happened.
I was in need of a birthday card for a friend, but my problem is spending an hour reading every card in the store so I inevitably put it off. 
I had a packet of note cards and thought I could just use a piece of my painted mixed media pages to cover the front of a note card and send out a card with a little pizazz.

Here's a simple notecard.


Some mixed media art from my art studio.

A piece of the paper cut to fit over the front of the card.


I looked down on my table and there is a perfect little addition.

  Glued to the front with a glue stick . 
Add a little embellishment and a blingy eye.

Voila. 

Next, I was sending out a printed out Etsy gift card. Not very pretty, so I decided to jazz it up. 

A piece of art page on a piece of cardstock.

And to the back of the cardstock.
Mount the printed gift card.

This is not everyone's cup of tea but I just love using up these pages filled with paints and inks and stamps.



With love and gratitude,

Michele












Find me partying here all week, at these link parties, with some great bloggers.

Follow us out on Facebook, Pinterest , Instagram, Linkedin, or Bloglovin .

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10