Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Pirate Princess Artist Trading Card



This is an ATC aka an Artist Trading Card that I made by using a card from a deck of Pirate Cards. 

I wanted to participate in an artist trading card swap down at my studio and I also wanted to make enough  ATC's to swap with a few friends and some new friends.

Here's how they were created. 
I started with these paper food liners that I got at a restaurant I was at with my girlfriend, Kat . #TijuanaFlats .She fell in love with the paper and so we asked for a few for our artwork. Kat is the one who introduced me to ATC's and she is the one who teaches it at our studio.
I used Mod Podge to adhere 10 cards to the paper.

Before the paper dries I peeled back the area that would show a bit of the pirate skeleton face .

After the paper dries , I cut the cards  apart. 
( You can speed up the dry time with a blow dryer.) 

 The front of all the cards got a spritz of gold to make them sparkle.
After that I distressed around the edges with  a make up sponge and 
 
Just tap around the edges to create a vignette.
 Next I printed an image of a ship's wheel and the words "Pirate Princess" . I cut them and used a glue stick to adhere them to the card.
Using a black sharpie, I add a few whirly gigs around the card and highlighted with the marker around the words Pirate Princess. I added some bling to the center of the ship's wheel and declared my project complete.

I love the way these came out and I  love that I completed a set of ten. 


Let me know if you'd like to trade ATC's . 








With love and gratitude,

Michele












Find me partying here all week at these link parties with some great bloggers.

If you are in Myrtle Beach come on down and visit us at the Coastal Bohemian Studio or check us out on Facebook, Pinterest , Instagram, or  G+ .

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10