Monday, October 2, 2017

Chicken Coastal Bohemian


Chicken Coastal Bohemian

Ingredients 

1 lb. Boiled and chopped chicken breast
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1/2 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup unsweetened flake coconut
1/3 cup pepitos (pumpkin seeds)
1/3 cup walnuts, chopped or not
1/3 cup pecans chopped or not
3 Tbl Olive Oil
3 Tbl Coconut White Balsamic Vinegar (What?)

This is an elegant yet simple recipe that I love to make at least once per month. It is certainly more of a spring , summer recipe however no one is going to stop you from eating this lovely mix of goodness.
Chicken Coastal Bohemian makes a great presentation at garden parties, bridal showers , birthdays, luncheon, and most especially beach blanket picnics. Weddings too. Just made this for a garden party wedding and everyone is on me to get them the recipe.
My boyfriend and I like to cook together and we always plan our weekend get aways and rides along the shore to include little plastic containers of our homemade goodies and this is usually one of them.

I buy chicken cutlets on sale and then put them in little bags and freeze them for all my little meals.
You can also boil all the chicken when you buy it on sale and freeze that for easy use in this salad.
Just boil the whole chicken cutlet with salt and pepper in the water. Chop it up into small pieces 1/2"- 1 "
Using a large mixing bowl add chopped parsley, dried cherries, coconut, nuts, oil and vinegar . Mix well. Salt and pepper. Mix well. Serve with Trader Joe's Pumpernickel pretzel rod for a little something different. Yum.
It gets better if it sits overnight.


Coconut White Balsamic Vinegar- How do I find that? Go to a specialty Olive Oil shop or order online. Here's a link to one http://www.beacholiveoils.com/product/tropical-coconut-white-balsamic-vinegar-375ml/


Alternatives- I'm the type of person who uses what's around the house. If you have fresh cilantro substitute it for the parsley  or even add that to the existing recipe . I have even used finely chopped arugula like an herb. The nuts are always easy. I keep a variety around and use what needs to get used up or whatever I'm feeling. Some days I add sunflower seeds or almonds . It's up to you but know that you can change things up.







Hope you enjoy .

Michele 


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10