Monday, October 9, 2017

Halloween Blocks

These are Halloween blocks . Great for shelf sitters, gifts, hostess gifts or for your Halloween tablescape.



I have made these blocks before in a Blog post titled, Thanksgiving Blocks. I'm swapping out the info so you have info and links to make these Halloween Blocks . 

I went to Home Depot and bought some of their discounted wood , took it back to my shop and cut it to a size I thought made a nice set.  I bought 1" x 6" and 1" x 4" boards.  I did 
5" x 7" boards and 3' x 5' boards. (The boards at HD are actually milled smaller than their listed sizes so a 6 " board is actually 5.5" which was great for my publisher layout.)


I used some Fiddes Rugger Brown wax to give the wood some depth and color. Apply wax by brush , wipe off excess and then buff .










Wax.  



Buffed.

Instead of cutting the images from the paper I like to tear around the images to cut them out. I age them with the brown wax used in the same way described above. This seals in the ink so you can decoupage with out any ink bleed onto your project. The brow wax will get your edges perfectly aged and shabby looking. 

After that we decoupage the images to the wood.
 Download Halloween Images here


Add some accessories  like bows and bling for eyes. 
Done.
To me this looks like something I may find in a hometown gift boutique. I love to wrap these up with tissue paper and a small gift bag for gift giving. 


Hope you are enjoying your fall and I hope you enjoyed this craft project.



Michele 

Here's a link to where we link up all week. Just take peek.


1 comment:

01 09 10