Tuesday, November 4, 2014

My secret to finding treasure on the beach.

Many years ago I was hunting the beach with my children and their friends,
 (being a)

a favorite past time of mine, not so much the kids.
I saw something glistening in the 7 ' mounds of sand that had been backfilled onto the beach, as a means of protecting the beach from future erosion. On that day, I pulled two sand tumbled ,vintage glass bottles from the sand. I have proudly displayed them for many years in various beach themed and nautical vignettes around my home.
Many years later, I got to thinking about why on that day had I found  those two vintage bottles on the same day nearby to one another? I needed to do that again. I needed to go beach hunting and find more washed up bottles.
And then I had it.
When they pulled that sand from out of  the ocean, back onto the beach ,they had unearthed years of hidden treasures.
Now I know we had a rough winter and had still been recovering  from Hurricane Sandy. Our government was fortifying our beaches with backfill again. If I scoured the beaches after the backfill was filled, I was bound to find some treasures and hopefully rainbow glistening beach washed bottles.
On a chilly February morning I set out to the backfilled beaches of field 4 and 5 at Robert Moses on Long Island, NY  in search of treasure.



These are the 10' high mounds that were backfilled in February 2014.




 I'm a big believer in manifesting and it seems the more I believe the more I get what I want .
After walking almost two whole fields at the beach, I passed into a section of wide open beach with a lot of debris spread about and that's when I spotted my treasure.

Bottle #1 Yes, I said # one because after I found the first one I was determined to find at least one more. 

Bottle #2 Yes, I said #2 because after I found the second one I was determined to find at least one more. 

#3


#4

 

                                                                            #5
I hope you'll find some old treasures washed up for you the next time you're hunting the beach. Please share your treasures with us. 

Happy Hunting my little Bohemians.

Michele Michael 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10