Sunday, November 2, 2014

DIY Nautical Upcycled -Glass Fishing Ball Lamp









When we bought our condo in Myrtle Beach I found 4 of these really ugly old lamps.

























I knew I could find a way to upcycle these puppies instead of throwing them out, especially since I actually needed lighting in the bedrooms.

I used a can of Krylon grey spray primer to create a surface for my paint to adhere. Next I used Apple Barrel "Aquamarine"and a bristle brush to apply two nice thick coats of paint.


 After it dried for two hrs I sprayed it with Krylon clear gloss coat . Next I laid out some fishing net and gathered it around the neck and tied it with a big piece of burlap ribbon that I bought at Joann's Fabric and Craft stores.

Final step was to find a lamps shade that didn't cost $50.00. I found this shade at Tuesday Morning for $14.99. I will always shop my shades at Tuesday Morning first. I had tried  four other stores that ranged from $49.99 and up!!!





In the end I think I should have used the next size larger shade. I still love it.


Happy shore day
Michele  Michael

1 comment:

01 09 10