Thursday, February 20, 2020

Easy Homemade Ginger Lemon Drink , Seltzer or Soda

Years ago, I was at a party at my girlfriends house, and as the night was winding down and we were sobering up, my girlfriend offered me a glass of homemade ginger ale. I was astonished. I had never heard of anyone making their own Ginger Ale. 
This Ginger Ale was over the top delicious, simply unforgettable and I found out, easy to make!!!!!

She said you boil the sliced ginger in the water  then removed the ginger and add honey to make a "Ginger Syrup" . Add the syrup to seltzer . Bam.

Recipe for Lemon Ginger Seltzer Base
1 .7 L of boiling water 
1/3 cup peeled and sliced ginger
1/2 lemon skin removed and chopped

Recipe for Lemon Ginger Syrup 
(for soda)
Add honey to above recipe

Lemon is very good for the body and with helping to keep it Alkaline. It's also part of the Mediterranean diet so ...there. 
Now I know ginger is very good for the stomach and according to Web MD
Ginger is commonly used for various types of "stomach problems," including motion sickness, morning sickness, colic, upset stomach, gas, diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), nausea, nausea caused by cancer treatment, nausea caused by HIV/AIDS treatment, nausea and vomiting after surgery, as well as loss of ...

Lately, we have been making the brew without honey and with lemon and keeping it chilled. It's a great refreshing break from water. And no calories. 

However, we still want a fizzy drink every once in a while and the Soda Stream is a great way to do that.

Check out this larger than life ginger I bought at the Buddist Market in Tampa.



I recommend finding an asian market to purchase ginger. It's usually fresher because it turns over quickly and it's usually cheaper.  It's also a good idea to peel the exterior with a potato peeler, it makes life way easier. 

I hope you get a chance to try this. It 's a big hit at parties . Why not make it for St. Patrick's Day or Easter?

Enjoy friends. And don't forget to drop a comment below and let me know you are reading along. 


With love and gratitude,

Michele












Find me partying here all week, at these link parties, with some great bloggers.

If you are in Myrtle Beach come on down and visit us at the Coastal Bohemian Studio or Follow us out on Facebook, Pinterest , Instagram, Linkedin, or Bloglovin .

8 comments:

  1. I have 2 pieces of Ginger on my counter and duh, I keep forgetting to make me a drink.
    Thanks for the reminders.
    Please do stop by and share your posts on #omhgww, its open for your links!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious.
    My mother in law makes an amazing ginger beer but I know that takes a while as it has to ferment a little. She makes it as a Christmas treat! This could give us some of that ginger loveliness but much quicker and easier. We have a soda stream too - bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are welocome. LOL . No seriously you are going to love it.Remember to use the potato peeler to take the skin off. Makes it so much easeier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited to give this a try, we just got a soda stream! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet treat! I'm sure it'll be even better in the summer as a real thirst quencher. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. May have to make some of this for myself! Thanks so much for linking up with me at my #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 10, open March 1 to 26. All entries shared on social media if share buttons installed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As stated by Stanford Medical, It is really the one and ONLY reason women in this country live 10 years more and weigh an average of 42 pounds less than us.

    (And really, it really has NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret diet and really, EVERYTHING around "HOW" they eat.)

    BTW, I said "HOW", and not "what"...

    TAP on this link to determine if this little questionnaire can help you find out your real weight loss potential

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10