Thursday, March 7, 2019

Seashell Clovers St. Patrick's Day




Well it wouldn't be a holiday around here without making something with Seashells! 


As a reminder, you are reading the
 Coastal Bohemian Blog. 
😉
Anyway, I had this vision of seashells coming together in a four leaf clover. So I picked up a bag of seashells at the #DollarTree. (BTW, the four leaf clover thing did not happen . This is totally a three leaf clover thing here .)
I did buy the shells and not pull from my stash because I saw them in the bag and they were all sized similarly, which I felt was going to be of importance in this little craft. 

Here's what you need. 

Seashells -similiarly sized
E6000 Glue 
Driftwood bits and pieces for stems

Using three shells I joined them together with the E6000. They don't always touch at the center and so I had to drizzle the E6000 over the center to create a strong bond. 
Next add a piece of driftwood under the group of shells and glue to the back with the E6000. Done. 



                     or 
You can paint them with a coat of green acrylic paint for a little extra pizzazz. 




They are totally whimsical and add a bit of the holiday to the home. Because I used E6000 they can be used outside. 
At this moment  I haven't decided what else I will use these for but I'm open to ideas so make sure to leave suggestions below.

Happy St. Patrick's Day 

With love and gratitude,

Michele












Find me partying here all week at these link parties with some great bloggers.

If you are in Myrtle Beach come on down and visit us at the Coastal Bohemian Studio or check us out on Facebook, Pinterest , Instagram, or  G+ .

2 comments:

  1. This makes the seashells look like they came right out of the ocean here in the Pacific Northwest. Everything is right about that color due to the seaweed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you still bring the coastal look into everything you do. Pretty neat way of combining St Patricks day and coastal décor and crafts. Thanks for linking this post with us at #OMHGWW!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10