Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Makeup Towel Box for your Bathroom #condorentaltips #makeup #bedandbreakfast #rentalpropertyideas




Since we started renting our condos out  last year we have really been learning the ropes. 
Today, I'll tell you about a simple solution to one of the problems that occurred at the condominium in Myrtle Beach .

This is the pretty set up of towels we leave for our guests. We have a cleaning lady who washes the towels and rolls them back for display for the next guests.
However, the white towels were not staying white because of black splotches from make up removal. 

I know you want to vent for me right here, but let it go. I needed a solution. 

First I bought make up wipes for the counter but the guests took them home with them. Then my  cleaning lady suggested black wash clothes and then I decided dark blue.
 I picked up a few boxes from my studio and rolled up my makeup towels. Perfect fit.

Now ,what to do with them to make sure they get the hint. ????
Hint hint.????Hmmmm

Neon sign?
 Billboard?
 or
 maybe
 just 
pretty label.
How pretty are these labels? 

I found these pretty labels at 
Pretty Free Things for You
https://www.freeprettythingsforyou.com/
I mean who doesn't want to pop over to that blog?


I added my words and printed them out.
Click here to get the printable labels.



After I printed the labels. I used my clear wax technique for sealing in the ink. It's great when you want to use Mod Podge but worry about ink bleed from printing on home computers.Read how to use the wax on my Conch Shell Sign post.

Then it was so easy to swipe on a little Matte Mod Podge to adhere these to the wood. I also added a layer of Mod Podge to the top of the label to protect it from any water spills.

Finished. Complete. Done. 

The true test will be this season when the guests come in and the white towels are again, truly white.




With love and gratitude,



Michele





Find me partying here all week at these link parties with some great bloggers.

If you are in Myrtle Beach come on down and visit us at the Coastal Bohemian Studio or check us out on Facebook, Pinterest , Instagram, or  G+ .

3 comments:

  1. hopefully the new guests will get the hint to not use the white towels for makeup removal. Have you tried fresh lemon juice? I know it works great on some stains such as oil stains and underarm stains on white shirts. I know that this is "after the fact" but thought I'd throw it out there. Thanks for linking this post with us at #OMHGWW and hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house we rented in Asheville had a make up removal stack of washcloths as well. They used white though. Navy blue makes MUCH more sense. You know you’re gonna have to let us know what happens with your guests and the make up towels...especially since I’ve been cleaning my neighbor’s Airbnb for the last 6 months. Today is the last day the girls and I will be cleaning it though. The house is up for sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well a knowledgeable article. This post is really great on this valuable topic. bathroom remodel fairfax va. Thanks, admin for writing a cool article on bathrooms. I'm waiting for your next article. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10