Sunday, April 8, 2018

Nautical Serving Tray #Upcycle

When we first arrived at our completely  furnished, new to us , condo, we had a lot of things to change and discard. I couldn't part with this ugly black serving tray with a chef and several bottles of wine printed on the face. (Sorry,  I can't find my before pics.)To me , it was ugly but I knew I could use the tray around the condo, so I did a quick upcycle.
First a quick coat of Crisp Collar by Chalked Country Paint 
A little sanding to distress and a coat of clear wax help bring the tray to a much softer place.
Next, I decoupaged using beautiful nautical napkins. When you do this be sure and pull away the second layer of the napkin, the backing. 

 I needed more than one napkin to take up the square footage of the inside of the tray . I cut a piece to fill in the gap but once I added the second napkin piece I could see a line distinctly bewteen the two napkins.  You can tear or cut a few images from another napkin and randomly decoupage these to the tray to help create a more cohesive look.










If you get a little tear while adding your Mod Podge you can cover it right up with a patch of napkin . 










 I used a final coat of Gloss Mod Podge all over the face of the tray.


Very simple and a perfect fit .
If you see an old serving tray don't throw it away. There are many ways to upcycle a serving tray. 






With love and gratitude,
Michele
Coastal Bohemian

Find me partying here all week at these link parties with some great bloggers. If you are in Myrtle Beach come on down and visit us at the Coastal Bohemian Studio or check us out on Facebook, Pinterest , Instagram, or  G+ .

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10