Thursday, February 22, 2018

Craft Show Haul Destin Florida #ArtistDate #TheArtistsWay #Artisans #Destin

It's Saturday and I saw that there was a Craft Show at the Destin Community Center today 2-17-18. It's a great way to support local arts, enjoy unique artisans and often times to be inspired. It did not disappoint.



The first thing I found was a bargain. 







Crocheted Rag Rug- 3' x 2' $15.75
This hand crocheted rug  3' x 2' $15.75 . The woman is apparently at this show every year so if you live in the area you should plan a visit. On my way out, I saw a tribe of ladies sitting around an outdoor table and all of their cushions were one of these handcrafted rugs. I made a little funny about how we all got ourselves one of these rugs at such a score. They promised me that they washed well and that they cannot be beat for handling sandy feet. 
The colors are a very mellow beachy mix.


Quilted Bowl Cozy - Nautical Fabric Design  $10.00 
 Ok ,so where have I been. I have never seen this little gizmo before and that's why I'm especially excited about sharing this with you.
 This sits underneath a bowl in the microwave and then it's easy to bring to the table or perfect  if you want to heat up a single serve bowl of soup and sit in front of the TV, like someone I know.


Cedar Wood Slices $.50 each 


Crafters know why these are a score. Lots of fun ideas here. Ornaments, hang in closet to deter moths,  labels and tags etc. 
                                                   .50 ea. 

At this point I had spent my budget but I was floored by
local artists from Pensacola Florida and sisters, Bellinda and Cythia who take chiseled paint chips, (yes, they get out to the bridge in the early am with hammers and chisels, I love artists), from an ever changing canvas, at the Graffiti Bridge to make their one of a kind pieces.

You can see their works here .



They sand the layers of paint down to reveal  amazing swirls of color, like the one shown here in this bracelet. They make every style of jewelry from earrings to necklaces and everything in between. 


This is the reason I go to craft shows, I want to be amazed and impressed with the creative soul. 


Here's to hoping you'll get your fill of creatives. In the "Artists Way" by Julia Cameron ,  she recommends taking yourself out, by yourself , (key word here), for artist dates. For me, this is a way to get my fix.

The Artist Date is a once-weekly, festive, solo expedition to explore
something that interests you. The Artist Date need not be overtly
“artistic” — think mischief more than mastery. Artist Dates fire up the
imagination. They spark whimsy. They encourage play. Since art is about the
play of ideas, they feed our creative work by replenishing our inner well
of images and inspiration. When choosing an Artist Date, it is good to ask
yourself, “what sounds fun?” — and then allow yourself to try it. The Artists's Way- Julia Cameron 


With love and gratitude
Michele
Coastal Bohemian

Find me doing the blog hop here all week.

If you are in Myrtle Beach come on down and visit us at the Coastal Bohemian Studio or check us out on Facebook, Pinterest , Instagram, or  G+ .

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10