Friday, October 11, 2024

Upcycled Quilted Shams


I'm so behind the upcycled quilt trend. I started with making coasters in the shape of hearts and flowers. 
These quilts are so pretty that I decided, why not dish towels.



I just create a template of a shape I like, in this case ,a Christmas Tree. Trace and cut from an old quilt. If you like you can also, run stitches to outline the shape. I also like a shabby, shaggy edge so I try to fray as much as possible. Wash and dry and watch that fray.


For these trees, I decided to use "Jewel it", to adhere to the fabric. It works so well and holds up through washing.














And this is Violet, always nearby looking to consult.


So cute.


With love and gratitude

Michele



Find me partying here all week, at these link parties, with some great bloggers.

Follow us out on Facebook, Pinterest , Instagram, Linkedin, or Bloglovin .

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I will have to remember "Jewel It" for future projects, thanks! Melynda @scratchmadefood!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10