Thursday, June 29, 2023

Shabby Upcycled Quilt Flower Coasters -Thrifting Bohemian #Upcycle #Quilts #Fabricart #Thrifting

Let me show you how I used a king size quilted sham to make  shabby chic flower coasters for my home. 





This was a very satisfying project. One, because I thrifted the sham for only $1.00 at a thrift store, two, because these look so charming being used in the home  and three these are clearly one of a kind.

I drew, on cardboard, a basic flower shape in the size I wanted for these coasters. Then I cut out the shape to use as my template.



From there I traced my pattern onto the double thickness. (Yes, I used a pencil but these get washed to get a shabby edge, so it's perfectly fine.) Remember these need to be thick to withstand the heat.

Then cut and pin together to get ready for sewing.

I stitched a 5/8"seem edge around the entire flower leaving that edge raw for taking on some fray in the wash.
Stitched





And washed and frayed looking perfectly shabby.





Thanks for popping in to read along.


With love and gratitude,

Michele


Find me partying here all week, at these link parties, with some great bloggers.

Follow us out on Facebook, Pinterest , Instagram, Linkedin, or Bloglovin .

2 comments:

  1. Great re-use and it came out beautiful
    I visited you via the Trip to Savannah and Tybee Island - Part 4
    My entries this week = 13+14 as I would love to invite you to come and share your posts and you will have an opportunity to get featured.
    We're open Monday through Saturday every week.
    You will find the linkup information (1) In the Top bar under Blogging: Weekly Senior Salon Pit Stop OR 2nd image In the sidebar
    We hope to meet you there virtually.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10