Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Packaging Box Upcycle




I love this idea and can't wait to use it more often. It is not my original idea. I watched someone on Youtube make one. It may have been #CanterburyCottage, #OurGreenAcres  or  #OurUpcycledLife. If I can credit them properly, I will get that updated here.

I had volunteered to bring a gift basket of all my home made goodies to a Christmas party. Looking around my stash I found this box and remembered I could paint it (video I saw). 




So I gave it a quick coat of chalk paint. Then I searched around for a piece of hardware to add to the front of the box. This is what really stuck with me. It really adds a little something different and I could use up some of my hardware stash. Hello I'm an upcycler. It's dangerous.
I put two holes in the box for the screws and attached the hardware and then secured it better with a layer of hot glue.

I lined the box with fabric from my stash. This is easy and doesn't have to be perfect. Cut a piece of fabric as long as the circumference of the box plus an inch or two more and as tall as the box plus at least 3-4 inches. Starting in a corner fold down a hem and adhere it to the top corner.
Now line the top of the box with a few inches of glue and continue adhering the clean finished edge, (folded hem), around until the box is lined. 
Cut a piece of cardboard to fit inside the bottom of the box. Now cover that with fabric. It's easy to do this by using hot glue.
Lay that inside the box . This pulls all the fabric from the sides and makes them looked more finished.
Once you do this, the lining is complete. 
I added a shabby bow.




And then stuffed it full of creative gifts. Mostly with a Coastal theme.
 A mermaid ornament , a mermaid oyster shell, a seashorse switch plate, a vintage moon mixed media bookmark  a gift tag amixed media tag , a Christmas door hanger 










Just a little holiday fun. Hope you found some inspiration. 

With love and gratitude,

Michele




Find me partying here all week, at these link parties, with some great bloggers.

Follow us out on Facebook, Pinterest , Instagram, Linkedin, or Bloglovin .

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10