Monday, November 14, 2022

Shabby Chic Door Hangers-Christmas Craft Blog Hop

Shabby Chic Holiday décor/door hangers.


Welcome to the 2022 Christmas Craft Blog Hop. 
Several bloggers came together to bring you some Christmas diy inspiration, all in one place. Be sure and click on over to see all the fun ideas we have brought to you.


Beverly | Across the Blvd


To make these decorative pieces I started with a pine tree mold and used hot glue to make the molds. The hot glue sets up within a minute and the piece can be released from the mold.
As soon as the mold is filled, I give the mold a good tap to make sure that the glue has filled in the mold completely and any air bubbles release.

To make the base, I used popsicle sticks and on others I used tongue depressors. I just lined up a few and hot glued two across the back and then did a dry brush  base coat of white.

Next, I painted the base and the trees with a dry brush of green chalk paint. I dry brushed some white on the trees to look like snow and flecked some white paint to create falling snow. 

I glued on the molds and decoupaged a few sayings. (The quotes were printed on coffee tinted paper and then coated with a spray of clear matte to keep the ink from running when decoupaged.)I glued on scraps of painters tarp for the hangers.

And of course, I added some large flake glitter to make the snow glisten. And for a Coastal Bohemian effect I added some tiny starfish toppers.

 




Now be sure and pop in to visit these other bloggers for more Christmas craft inspiration



With love and gratitude,

Michele


Find me partying here all week, at these link parties, with some great bloggers.


Follow us out on Facebook, Pinterest , Instagram, Linkedin, or Bloglovin .





14 comments:

  1. I love these, Michele! It's amazing what you can do with hot glue! Making molds using hot glue is one of my favorite craft mediums! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gail. Hot glue is the best. What would I do without my hot glue gun?

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, you made these with hot glue! That's so creative! When I saw them at first I thought they were painted. So beautiful and you make it look so easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also use paper clay to make these molds but the hot glue is quicker.

      Delete
  3. So cute! I love the use of hot glue in the molds. Genius! Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea making your trees 3-D with the molds. All the designs look great! I like that poinsettia that's also available in that mold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allyson. This is an IOD mold but there are so many molds on the market

      Delete
  5. I love these door hangers! They would be so cute tucked around our home! Thank you for the tip about using hot glue with silicone molds. Genius! pinning for later -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea that you could use hot glue and silicone molds like this! These door hangers are so cute. I have a ton of popsicle sticks, so I'm pinning this so I can create my own later! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never seen hot glue used in molds like this - what a unique and inexpensive craft! Thank you for linking up at our weekly Link Party! You are being featured at our Wednesday
    Party #478 this week. Here’s the direct link to the post in case you’d like to share your feature:
    https://oombawkadesigncrochet.com/shaped-rib-ear-warmer-christmas-placemats-shabby-chic-door-hangers-link-party-478/

    Hope to see you again next week! Rhondda

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10