Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Cowboy/ Cowgirl Boot Floral



The guest bedroom has a theme, country/farm, farmhouse shabby chic. At this point, I may start making up theme names but unofficially, this is my theme. It stems from watching Yellowstone and feeling the beauty of the cowboy spirit and enjoying all that beautiful country . I knew the room needed a wooden barrel  and some cowboy boots to make a floral. 



I picked up a pair of brown leather boots at a thrift store and  I immediately gave one boot a light coat of white chalk paint. Then I added the florals. I kept thinking it needed spurs, which of course I did not have. Digging around my stash I found a metal star I thought may work as a spur but I couldn't find a way to make it look nice as a spur , so I tied it on with some twine and I think it looks perfect.


 
Pretty.
Prettier. 
Yes, that little star made all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10