Thursday, October 29, 2020

Rose Cake w/Culinary Rose Petals, Rose Extract w Rose Water Lemon Honey Drizzle

Roses are red, violets are blue 
Who cares roses are for me. 



I have been on an unusual rose kick. Rose scented oils, creams, facewash, rose water flavoring, rose extract, rose petals and roses! Rose tea and rose sugar and rose martini ,which I made last year. And I'm currently infatuated with a photo of someone's cut roses. 

Since I am a big believer that your body seeks out what it needs, I sort of knew that this weird obsession was menopause related.(FYI...I am in menopause) A few years back I became obsessed with Mrs. Meyers geranium scented cleaning products and came to find, that it was most likely related to hormones. (My house was super clean and I was loving every minute of cleaning) Read about that here if you are menopausal or have a friend or mother who is menopausal.

In regards to hormones , "Rose oil brings relaxation and pain relief" according to Zawn Villines in her article Essential Oils and Menopause. Can they really Help?

And that's the likely reason  I decided to create this Rose Cake.

Last week I made a simple yellow cake mix to keep in the house for the coming holidays.  I picked up the recipe at Iambaker.net and bottled the dry ingredients in canning jars  and when I ran out of glass bottles, I made a few in ziplock bags . I did this so I would be ready to roll out a cake in a moments notice and knowing that a yellow cake mix was a starting point to add a variety of ingredients to create incredible cakes.

My rose obsession got the best of me and I pulled together all my goodies to plan out my Rose cake. (Resources above in the link to Rose Sugar.)
and 



Honey, Rose Extract, Jamaican Vanilla, Culinary Rose Petals, Rose Water (found in Greek, Turkish  or middle eastern markets) and 1 Yellow Cake Mix.


Preheat Oven 350°                   Bake Time 30 Minutes

Ingredients  
1 Yellow Cake Mix 🌹or make your own recipe- link above
3 Eggs
1/2 tsp Rose extract
1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract  ðŸŒ¹you may need more- my Jamaican                                                        Vanilla is powerful
1/8 cup Vegetable Oil
1 1/4 cups Milk
1/2 tsp Honey
1/2 cup softened Extra Virgin Coconut oil or butter 2 2 Tbl Culinary Rose Petals

Icing 
6 Tbl Powder Sugar
1 tsp Honey 
1/2 tsp Rosewater
1/2 tsp Lemon Juice

Add the cake mix to a mixing bowl. Fluff with a whisk.
Make a well in the middle and add eggs, rose extract, vanilla, vegetable oil, milk, honey and extra virgin coconut oil. Mix with hand mixer. 
 
Grease and flour a Bundt pan. Add the batter and bake at  350° for 30 min. 
 
Cool 20 min. Plate and dress with icing. 

Mix the icing ingredients together and use a spoon to drizzle over the cake. You will need to work the honey a bit to get it incorporated.  I added a few rose petals scattered over the cake for glamour. You won't enjoy eating the crunchy petals, however the rose petals inside the cake our delicate and melt in your mouth.
 









Notes: This cake would be perfect for an engagement  or wedding cake. How about a rose cake for #Valentine'sDay? Maybe substitute some champagne for some of the milk. Anniversary? You got this.



With love and gratitude,


Michele












Find me partying here all week, at these link parties, with some great bloggers.

If you are in Myrtle Beach come on down and visit us at the Coastal Bohemian Studio or Follow us out on Facebook, Pinterest , Instagram, Linkedin, or Bloglovin .

6 comments:

  1. What a unique cake! It looks beautiful, and I've heard really good things about rose for hormones. Great idea! Thanks for sharing. I'm visiting from the Home Matters link up today. Have a great weekend Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This looks awesome. Thanks for sharing your recipe at our #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, can't say I've ever had rose petals before. YUM! Thanks so much for linking up with me at my #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 18, open until November 26. Shared.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a yummy looking cake! So many things we don't usually think of are edible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very unique cake and it looks yummy. Thanks for sharing your recipe. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks yummy! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10