Sunday, July 15, 2018

Pork and Sweet Potatoes



 Ingredients
1 lb ground pork
2 large sweet potatoes
1/4 1b fresh cleaned string beans 
handful of whole walnuts
olive oil 
balsamic vinegar
pomegrante juice
1/2 cup water







For this recipe I tossed sweet potatoes and string beans with 2 tbls of olive oil and roasted in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.I flipped the veggies at the 10 min mark. After I turned off the heat, I added the handful of walnuts to the pan  for 1 minute and then  remove from oven.


While the veggies were roasting, I sauteed one whole onion in 1 tbls of olive oil. I cooked it on high trying to get it browned . After the onions browned, I added 2 cloves of garlic and sauteed that for about 1 minute. Next I added 1 lb of ground pork, (this was very lean and added almost no fat to the dish), and I cooked it down for about 5 minutes. At this point, the pork is not very colorful . I added 1/2 cup of water to deglazes the pan and pick up all the brown bits from the pan. Immediately you'll see the pan start to color up with all that beautiful flavor being released into the dish. I added some salt and pepper and 2 tbls of balsamic vinegar.  Next, I added 3 tbl of pomegrante juice. I wanted to add some sweetness but not too much. 

Continue to simmer on high, cooking down until all the liquid has been absorbed. Lower the heat between high and medium and brown the pork . This will take another 4-5 minutes. 
The  pork is served over the roasted vegetables on a platter and sprinkled with fresh chopped parsley.

The flavor was perfect and it was low carb. I like it served in a bowl. 
The next morning I had some  the leftover with an over easy egg. 
This dish was a win for my family and I would make it for dinner again. I wonder what other veggies would compliment the ground pork topper?



With love and gratitude,

Michele












Find me partying here all week at these link parties with some great bloggers.

If you are in Myrtle Beach come on down and visit us at the Coastal Bohemian Studio or check us out on Facebook, Pinterest , Instagram, or  G+ .

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10