Sunday, May 27, 2018

Lady Liberty Holiday Decor


Happy Memorial Day friends.
As I looked around my home, I found that I didn't really have any red , white and blue decor for the holiday. (We have been very busy traveling to NYC for my Fiance and his back surgery and I took the last week + off from most blogging and crafting.)
Now it's back to work and crafting.

 I had been looking at this frame sitting around for weeks waiting for some love and so that's what I did, I showed it some love.


Digging through my travel stash I found some vintage pages I had colored up . ( I took over the table in the CB studio and slapped on paints I felt would blend together well) I literally covered the table in vintage pages and then sprayed them all with water . Then I added acrylic paints and began layering the pages together to spread the water and paint. I picked up the excess paint and water with dry pages and then blotted the whole lot of them dry. Finally,  I blow dried them, because I have no time for things to dry on their own.Wink.



Next I pulled a Patriotic Image from my file of Printables. 
This one I had downloaded from the #TheGraphicFairy.com, a great place for vintage images available to the public for FREE.

After I printed the image I tore around the edges to create a weathered effect. 

Using a 2" wide brush ,I covered the image with dark wax and then removed the excess and buffed with a clean cloth. This seals the ink from the printer, allowing me to use Mod Podge effectively without smearing  the ink.  It's a great trick I stumbled upon .
After that I used a glue stick to position the image on the musical background. 

Here is another project I was working on that shows the difference between the original print and the aged image (waxed).

And place it back into the frame. Ignore the scratches on the table. It's a curbside find waiting for it's makeover.



Happy Memorial Day friends and thank you to all those who have served our country. 

With love and gratitude,

Michele












Find me partying here all week at these link parties with some great bloggers.

If you are in Myrtle Beach come on down and visit us at the Coastal Bohemian Studio or check us out on Facebook, Pinterest , Instagram, or  G+ .

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful, thanks for sharing on craft schooling sunday!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10