Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Love Birds


Last Spring , on a bird kick,  I created a teapot bird nest post. It was perfect for Spring and after that I was in search of old teapots at garage sales and flea markets.This latest one was donated to me by, Mel , one of the teachers at Coastal Bohemian Studio.
I used Chalked Country Paint King's Carpet and a coat of dark wax to get that dark, rich, ruby red finish. As you can see the teapot was orange.

 I'm a nature girl , have a fondness for tea and birds and so the whole thing sort of gets me excited.  The instructions for this post are included in the Teapot Bird Nest post here from last Spring.

It's all so basic. Get out the E6000 Glue and glue the teapot to an old candlestick. You can use glass, brass, or glass. I've used all three so far.



I pulled apart and created a mixture of several things to create this particular Love Birds nest. 




The last time I used newspaper to fill up the teapot so I would have a place to sit and glue my nest. This time I used a piece of green floral Styrofoam brick hot glued in place on the bottom of the teapot.


It's easy to condition the materials into a nest. Then hot glue to foam. Now add a few dollar store birds . I printed and cut out the word Love Birds and sprayed it with some glimmer mist  to give it a bit of color. Add a swipe of Mod Podge to adhere and you are done. 

It's a great and colorful addition to any room , it's a statement piece and it's perfect for Valentine's Day.

Hope your home is filled with Love Birds.







With love and gratitude
Michele
Coastal Bohemian

If you are in Myrtle Beach come on down and visit us at the Coastal Bohemian Studio or check us out on Facebook, Pinterest , Instagram, or  G+ .

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10