Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Cookie Exchange Labels





As the holidays neared I decided to get a cookie exchange together for down at the studio . I thought it would be fun to mix friends and clients for a night of holiday entertainment. It had been years since I participated in one let alone put one together.

It occurred to me, at the very last minute, that we needed some sort of a label for the cookie display.
I searched around Pinterest but couldn't find anything exciting that would be quick and easy and so I took myself to #DollarTree to see if I could become inspired with something inexpensive. And so I found these. But what next? Too bright and shiny for this rusty , vintage , antique , shabby chic mama.




 I used a little dark brown wax from Fiddes and sons. Wipe on quick and wipe off .



Coincidentally, I had been filling my flower pots with greenery claimed from the nearby woods around our property. Me thinks I have an idea.

Snip , snip snip. Looking good.


My plan was to cut a few rectangles for labels and glue to wooden skewers until I remembered I had theses from Dollar Tree . These were the perfect size
and I didn't have to spend any extra time cutting down wooden skewers. 

 Wait let's add a little character to the label/sign pick. A quick snip around the sides makes this look like an old sign.
                                                             Glue to the  tiny forks.



Add a pencil or marker and everyone can add the name of their cookies to the sign and pop it into the the pail.

                                                          Makes an exciting display.









These were a big hit and helped lend a festive  holiday mood to the atmosphere of  the room. 
Let me know if you decided to use this idea. Would love to see pics and share with our readers. 

Michele 



No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10