Friday, December 11, 2015

Very Merry Berry Chicken Salad









Ingredients


1 Extra large chicken breast boiled and chopped
3 Stalks celery chopped
1 Handful of Dandelion chopped small like an herb
1 Half onion chopped
1 Handful Roasted whole unsalted almonds
3 tbls Olive Oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 Whole Pomegranate Seeded (These are the berries)


I always try to have some sort of easy to grab salads around the house for when Im working or in case someone comes by the house.

I mixed up what I had around the house chicken ,onion, celery and almonds. I was digging around looking for some fruit and realized I had this pomegranate I had just seeded. Yummy...this could be really good.


I tossed in the pomegranate and all of a sudden my dainty little salad started to look like Christmas. The pomegranates looked like little holly berries, which I love to pick and use to decorate with this time of the year. It needs just a bit more green and I had the dandelion and so in it went .
You could substitute spinach or parsley for the dandelion. 
Mix all the ingredients and chill. 
Serve with Trader Joe's Pumpernickel Pretzels for a fun pairing.




It is a great little salad ,very festive looking and if you find a way to use individual servers like in the photo at the top  this salad could really be pretty on a buffet or  as an hor d'oeuvre.
It's so simple and easy. You can surely make this two days in advance of any party and have a little less party stress.


Happy happy holiday all.


Michele Michael 


 




2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I think I wil substitute the dandelion though. It reminds me of when I was playing as a child and put my fingers in my mouth...so bitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen anything like this! It really does look festive. Trader Joe's Pumpernickel pretzels? I hadn't heard of those, either! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10