Monday, October 3, 2022

Upcycled Faux Black Bronze Angels





I noticed a little shelf sitter angel while visiting my sister's house over the summer. He was laying sleeping on a pile of books. It was so sweet, I thought, "I need to get one of those." I could use a few angels napping about, I mean why not?







On our road trip home I found two in a thrift shop in South Carolina and scooped them both up. Originally, I thought I would make them look like cement but suddenly I had this idea to make them look like old black bronze. And looking at the placement of these little ones, I thought the color would add more pizazz.

I  gave them all a coat of black chalk paint and after that dried I gave them a coat of white wax. White wax is a custom blend of clear wax, I use Fiddes brand and white chalk paint. I mixed 3 parts wax and one part white chalk paint. 
I  used a brush to apply the white wax and immediately remove the excess with a dry lint free cloth and buff. This technique adds the aged patina to the faux black metal, making it look like it's been out in the weather.



You can see the black chalk paint and then the difference when the white wax is added.



I'm happy with the results of this upcycle and I think the darker color helps make these angels more noticeable.


With love and gratitude,

Michele












Find me partying here all week, at these link parties, with some great bloggers.

Follow us out on Facebook, Pinterest , Instagram, Linkedin, or Bloglovin .

2 comments:

  1. How great that you were able to find these little angels in a thrift shop, they look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt lucky since I was specifically scouting them . Haha.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10