Saturday, May 4, 2019

Using Stamps for Mixed Media Art #HomemadeStamps #DigitalStamps




Stamps enhance my life, and by that I mean they enhance my playtime with art. That's why I was so excited about participating in the May Stamp Challenge at Bring on the Crafts 

Today I'll show you how I use DIY stamps and digital stamps in creating artwork, artist trading cards, printable papers and for art journaling.

One of the things I do to relax is create collage pages. Read more about them here. I can create and create as many as I want and just stock pile them for future use with digital stamping and then print multiple custom designed papers for printing for all of the above mentioned artwork. 

Here's a recent example. 

First I scan some collage work or background art. Always save at 300 dpi. You should see this option when scanning or printing.
Here is a scan from a recent night of crafting. 



 Once I have them scanned I can I use my windows photo editor to cut them to size and edit them for whatever I need.


Stamping DIY- This red and orange one used a homemade stamp. I used some small cut pieces of wood around the studio. (I'm sure you can find some small pieces at the cutting area of Lowes and Home Depot for free). Using #DollarTree fun foam I just draw a design , cut it out and using #Aleene'sTackyGlue , adhere it to the wood. Let it dry overnight. 




I'm planning to make feathers and leaves and more!!!! You can use ink or paint with these DIY stamps.

Now I'll show you a few digital stamps I use on my backgrounds working with Publisher. Search Free Digital stamps to pull up websites that make them available for your personal use.  Additionally , you can follow my Digital Stamps Board on Pinterest.

After I create my scanned backgrounds I bring the jpeg file into Publisher to add my digital print over the top. 

I sized mine full page here but in the end you can choose the size you want to print


 Some digital stamps don't have a transparent background but you can do that in the format tab of Publisher. Just take a peek at this screen shot to see the drop down . 


 You can see here that I chose to make the white background of this digital print transparent. Now I have a great digital stamp border for my background images.
 Pull it to size and save as a jpeg. 
 Next I added a scroll work digital stamp to the four corners of this small collage. 


Save as a jpeg. 
 Here's the before and after. 





Go ahead and download this for your own personal use.

Here is the digital stamp I used to design this paper. 

I found it at http://www.clipartbest.com/clipart-yckzxXXcE

You can also download  the same design with the transparent background here. Just right click on the image and click save. 


I hope you feel inspired to create your own digital artwork using digital stamps and custom made stamps.


With love and gratitude,

Michele












Find me partying here all week, at these link parties, with some great bloggers.

If you are in Myrtle Beach come on down and visit us at the Coastal Bohemian Studio or Follow us out on Facebook, Pinterest , Instagram, Linkedin, or Bloglovin .

12 comments:

  1. This is so cool, Michele! I had never heard of digital stamping before this and it's such a unique way of making artwork! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail. It's a lot of fun and easy to create a fun new look to one background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michele, thank you so much for teaching me how to do collage artwork that is both digital and manually done! I love the process. I love that you make your own stamps (I'll keep that in mind as I'd love to have some bigger stamps and don't want to invest a lot of money) and I will go right ahead and pin this tutorial to Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Habibalein. Make sure to download and pin those digistamps from the Pinterest Board too.

      Delete
  4. How have I never heard of digital stamps? Your collages are so cool and your artwork is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Heather. Thank you for the compliment . The artwork is really easy stuff. Keep coming back for more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Digital stamps are new to me. I love the collage art. I have to try both of these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so dang creative!!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10