Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Spicy Chicken Salad w/ Pickled Celery





2 chicken breasts chopped 
1/4 onion diced
1 tsp hot horse radish
1 Tbl Supreme Chicken Wing Sauce
2 stalks of pickled celery (diy below)
1 cup mayo
1 cup of  diced cabbage 
salt and pepper
 Let's start with the pickled celery trick .
 Whenever I find myself with a roomy pickle jar and some extra celery I chop up the celery and let it pickle in the brine in the refrigerator. Sometimes, I throw in some raw carrots too. The celery is a great pickled vegetable and I'm upcycling my pickle juice. I never thought I'd hear that sentence.

Chop the celery and the cabbage. I like a fine chop when I make my salads.
 I use boiled chicken but you can use roasted chicken too .

Add the mayo , the hot horseradish and some of my favorite Supreme Chicken Wing Sauce. Salt and Pepper to taste .





A sprinkle of  bleu cheese along the top would have been really perfect. Serve with a crusty baked pita bread and an extra swizzle of the hot sauce.






This is one of our new favorites.







With love and gratitude,

Michele












Find me partying here all week, at these link parties, with some great bloggers.

If you are in Myrtle Beach come on down and visit us at the Coastal Bohemian Studio or Follow us out on Facebook, Pinterest , Instagram, Linkedin, or Bloglovin .

3 comments:

  1. Oh this looks so good! I've never had pickled celery before. I'd love it if you stopped by our blog party and shared this!
    http://www.lazygastronome.com/whats-for-dinner-sunday-link-up-200/
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Thanks. The celery makes it real interesting with the hot wing sauce and the creamy mayo. I will pop by.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for joining the party!! I'd love it if you joined us every week. You have some really great recipes! Have a great weekend.

      Delete

01 09 10