Sunday, July 29, 2018

Left Right Center Lawn Game Destash






My family loved to play LCR aka Left Center Right. It's a fun little dice game that is played with chips. For some extra fun we would substitute the chips for dollar bills. 


When I saw a recent post by Roeshel at DIYShowOff.com showcasing this game as a DIY giant lawn game, I knew I had to make it. You can follow that link for all the DIY instructions. Roeshel has a great tutorial.


This became a fun craft day with my old crafting buddy Cathy. She made a set for her son's garden wedding and I made a set for my family's camper.

Cathy and I did things a little bit different. 
 We painted our blocks and then stenciled the letters and circles onto the blocks.  
I found these floral disks at a dollar store in the neighborhood and thought they would make for some funky chips if I decoupaged papers onto them. 


It was the perfect way to destash some of my paper collection. 

Here's a few pics of my finished game pieces. 



 Lots of fun and colorful papers from my collection made this chips extra special. 
 The little mermaids on this were from scraps of paper from my friend Lori. We do an artist trading card class together and usually bring paper goodies to share with one another.


 The mermaid chip is my favorite. I had some stamped cut outs from a past Artist Trading Card event at the Coastal Bohemian Studio. She's on the colorful, stained, vintage pages I made for another class.

 This is a special chip made from a map of Pensacola Beach Florida.

After everything was decoupaged, I ran some dry brush black paint along the edges and sides to help add to the mixed media effect.

Grab your dollar bills and meet me in the yard. 


With love and gratitude,

Michele
















"Michele Michael is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”


Find me partying here all week at these link parties with some great bloggers.

If you are in Myrtle Beach come on down and visit us at the Coastal Bohemian Studio or check us out on Facebook, Pinterest , Instagram, or  G+ .

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10