Monday, April 30, 2018

Mirrored Starfish Coat Rack #upcycle #upcyclemirror #halltree #Upcyclecoatrack

Living in a condo changes everything. I am always in search of  space saving ideas. Unfortunately, I also find myself having to get rid of things I had in my home but no longer fit my current situation. Above is a photo of a full length footed  floor mirror.( This is not my mirror ,of course I can't find my photo for the before, so you'll have to use your imagination here.) I had one of these when I moved and I knew that taking up sf on the floor was a no no for the mirror. I removed the base and was left with the mirror which could now be mounted to a wall or a door . 
 I upcycled it into a coat rack /catch all.
First I gave the mirror a good coat of Crisp Collar Chalk Country Paint. 
Then I used a dry brush along the edges, using Chalk Country Paint Pure pewter, for a distressed look. 
I found these hooks at Lowe's and added 4 of them to the bottom. Actually, my Fiance did that work for me.
Of course it wouldn't be complete without a little nautical flair so, I added a Knobby Starfish to pull it all together.
This piece is hung behind the door of our Okaloosa Island  Beach Condo Rental in Florida's Panhandle. It's great for hanging beach bags, sweatshirts, pocketbooks and more. 
This is my beach shabby chic version of an entryway mirrored coat rack.

With love and gratitude,

Michele












Find me partying here all week at these link parties with some great bloggers.

If you are in Myrtle Beach come on down and visit us at the Coastal Bohemian Studio or check us out on Facebook, Pinterest , Instagram, or  G+ .





No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10