Sunday, February 18, 2018

Vintage Folding Chairs Upcycle



These are the folding chairs for our travel trailer.

Even though I love me some rust and wood and patina, I still loved these chairs when I found them on Facebook Marketplace. I actually paid $20.00 for 3 of these but for this blog post I'm showcasing these two. 
We bought a camper trailer that we will have available for renting starting in April. The thing is, I wanted the trailer to be appointed in a mix of a vintage and shabby chic kind of way. It's not easy because the camper is actually a 2016. I just think it can have the feel of a traveling B&B.
Here's are a few pics.
 
 










Anyway, these chairs struck a cord in my vintage heart. I could immediately see them painted and chippy. 
Using Chalk Country Paint Pretty in Pink, I painted some of the slats. Then I added some King's Carpet to the Pretty in Pink  to deepen the pink color. My goal was to have 2 contrasting pinks and two contrasting blues, as you'll see when you scroll  to the blue chair. 


I like to use my rotary sander with a heavy grit sand paper (80) to remove some serious paint.

After dusting, I add a coat of dark wax and buffed to a shine.














Thanks for reading about my silly little upcycle.  These chairs make me happy and I hope our renters will enjoy the ambiance as well.

I'm planning a post about the camper soon. Stay tuned.


With love and gratitude
Michele
Coastal Bohemian

If you are in Myrtle Beach come on down and visit us at the Coastal Bohemian Studio or check us out on Facebook, Pinterest , Instagram, or  G+ .


Find me here all week blog hopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10