Thursday, October 30, 2014

Driftwood shelf w/ bonus Printable



I am a driftwood fanatic. I like to gather my driftwood up in bundles and wrap it with ribbon and set it out for it's beauty. Weird right? Thank god my boyfriend gets me.

The picture below is of two real pieces of driftwood.

I can't believe I found these two pieces of driftwood on the same day. It's as if they were meant to be together and for me to give them a new life.


Beach hunting at Jones Beach, Long Island, NY in the spring, I found this gnarly piece of driftwood and I found this old shelf from a boat washed ashore, waiting, I believe, for me to find them.


We had to cut the gnarly piece of wood at one end to give it a flush side to help attach the shelf to the gnarly piece. We just screwed them together and it was done. This shelf even has some rusty nail heads across the top which lend to the character of the piece. I know my rusty's get it.


Now they decorate my bedroom at the beach in Myrtle Beach, SC.




Stay tuned. We plan on bringing you more driftwood crafts and ideas.

FYI...That is a dollar store wood frame painted aqua and sanded to look distressed. Inside was designed to look like a chalkboard image. The image was printed on traditional copy paper and inserted into the frame. DONE. Beach adorable. Beach shabby.
Enjoy this image as a Free Gift from Coastal Bohemian 
Thanks for reading. 

With love and gratitude,

Michele




Find me partying here all week, at these link parties, with some great bloggers.

If you are in Myrtle Beach come on down and visit us at the Coastal Bohemian Studio or Follow us out on FacebookPinterest , Instagram,Linkedin, or Bloglovin .






No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10