Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Fisherman Inspired Chum Pot Lighting


Is it only Tuesday? Monday was so long it felt like two days.

This is a project that I posted on G+ a while ago and I felt needed to be out on my blog. This is truly a nautical inspired piece.

I picked up a few chum pots while yard saling , so not a word, out in Montauk, NY. They looked perfect for a real industrial looking light fixture.


For months I had been trying to figure out how I was going to turn this into a pendant light over my Mosaic Starfish table.

I was browsing ideas in the Lowe's lighting dept and found this three dangle fixture that would allow me to customize the pendants of the dangles
.Portfolio 3-Light Bronze Mix and Match Mini Pendant Light 

I had the chum pots cut so the fixture would screw into the tops of the fixture.
I had one glitch....I only had two chum pots and for a weeks I hadn't been able to find a third.
Luckily , Lowe's had a cylindrical pendant. I painted the wicker pendant with a grey primer to match the chum pots.
 Portfolio 9-in H x 6-in W Wicker Fabric Mix and Match Mini Pendant Light Shade
Afterwards, I hot glued some rope around each of the dangles.












Everyone who visits enjoys this piece , especially our fishermen friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10