Monday, September 30, 2024

Mummy Bowl Fillers





If you are anything like me , you spend a lot of time perusing Pinterest. It can really spark some ideas. Well, that's exactly where this idea came from. It's my interpretation of a photo of Mummy Bowl Fillers. Here's the inspiration photo and a link to the Etsy.
(This is the inspiration piece)



Supplies
Foam Balls (various sizes)
Athletic Tape -white 
Black Floss 3 strands
Needle 
Black Buttons(googlie eyes would be cute too)


Here's what I did 
1. The athletic tape is sticky so it's perfect to wrap around the foam balls. No glue needed. I mean does this get any easier? Wrap the balls. Ok that sounds weird. Haha. 
Use  the warmth of your hand to smooth the edges into the ball. 
I purchased this at #DollarTree



2. Next, I took the black floss and sewed on a mouth . I was careful to not sew into the ball and careful to catch just under the athletic tape while sewing. Heads up, because the tape is sticky your needle will become sticky. You can clean your needle off with nail polish remover. To sew the mouth, I create the long line first and then added my vertical stitches.

3. Glue on some buttons. 

4. Arrange in a bowl or tray for a cute little addition to any room.
 
5. Add a few more themed goodies for effect. I made a few wooden pieces. I create a printable in publisher and simply cut and pasted to some painted wooden bits and pieces. Here's the printable. You can right click on the image to save to your computer. Then go in and print from your computer. The # 31 was a design I found on Pinterest.
These really bring the season. This little pop of whimsy makes me smile. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10