Friday, March 1, 2024

Custom Tea Blend for Baby Shower Favors











We recently had a baby shower for my daughter and I got to work on thank you favors.

Her theme was "Woodland Critters ", so we thought a pretty glass jar of raw, organic honey would fit the theme and be something used by most of the guests. I  ordered a giant bucket of honey from Amazon and several containers from local beekeepers and filled pretty little 7oz jars. I also purchased some wooden drizzle sticks to tie to the bottles to complete the look of the gift.

Now, the party is in NY and we were traveling from Florida with the pretty bottles filled with honey.
We packed the honey with great care, in a spot that would allow us to easily remove and easily replace them for the duration of the trip.
You see, my fear was that the honey would freeze and change during our travels.
I had 45 of the 60 bottles filled with honey on the way up to NY. Enough for guests that were expected but some guests had yet to respond and I thought I better have enough to do a few last minute bottle.
So, off we go on our adventure to see my pregnant daughter with our precious cargo of honey.
At our first stop in South Carolina, at my in laws home, we carefully removed and stored the boxes of honey inside the house.
At our second stop, at the hotel we again transported the honey inside the hotel room for safe keeping.
It was a comedy act of, "Get the honey", "Don't forget the honey" , "We need to bring the honey."
Ok, why am I sharing all these details?
I know this sounds like a lot of drama but it will make a lot of sense in a minute.
We arrive in NY 2 weeks before the shower. And most importantly we carefully store the honey filled bottles inside my aunt's house.
A week before the shower, I now need to fill more bottles of honey for the party guests.
I order my bucket of honey from Amazon and it arrives solid as a rock and FULLY CRYSTALLIZED.

Aaah. Now what?
Remember all those pretty bottles of precious cargo? It's time to check on those. They have been in the boxes for weeks.
Of course to my dismay, every single one of those bottles is completely crystallized!!!!
Now what? I cannot give these out.

After some back and forth with some friends and an approval from my  daughter I created a custom blend of tea as a gift. Really it looks and smells like potpourri.
I ordered almost all of my supplies from Amazon and they arrived in time for my aunt and I to fill the  bottles, two days before the shower. To pretty these up I hung a heart shaped tea infuser from the glass jar.
I wanted to slap a bow on top but at $48., I changed my mind. I ordered silk  flowers for toppers but .......in the end..... those arrived a day later then expected. 


This blend has a very florally taste but has incredible medicinal properties. It can be sipped hot  or cold.
Here's the recipe.
2- 16 oz Packages of chamomile flowers
1- 3 oz  Rosebuds
1 16 0z Lavender
2- 16 oz Hibiscus flower
1 - 12 oz Lemon Grass
1-16 oz Calendula

The blend looks beautiful and taste yummy.


I lined a cardboard box with a garbage bag then dumped all my tea ingredients inside and mixed. This made it easy to fill the bottles too.


4 comments:

  1. That blend does look good - and pretty too - thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so pretty and was a great pivot idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate that Joanne. Thanks for reading along and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10