Thursday, December 29, 2022

Papercraft Christmas Ornaments #DESTASH


During the pandemic, I bought some heavy duty filter paper to make masks but since I  never looked to see if they were good enough to breathe in, for humans, I never used them. So they sat, these round 7 -8 " circles, in a big pile taking up space. 
When I'm upcycling or trying to use up my stash, I often throw it, something to be upcycled , out into the studio, onto the table, hoping for a brainstorm.
 And so that's how this idea came to be. 

This round disk of paper was sitting next to a toilet paper tube.

I grab the two of them and say" Can I make you into an ornament?"

Behold, the ornament. 

Check out what I did in this simple craft. You can use any paper you have at home but I do recommend something sturdy. Trace a circle 7-7.5" round. Mine was 7.25" and seemed to work perfectly with the size of the toilet paper tube.


See what's happening here? Now grab some of those papers you have from scrapbooking.

Cut the toilet paper roll to a size that looks right for your size circle. 



Now , cut  tiny slits along the side of the the cardboard roll so it slips over the round circle. See above. See below.


Now you can use your template to cut various decorative papers for your ornaments.

Hot glue the cardboard roll to the circle and also close the opening.

Use the hot glue gun to create some lines to the ornaments cap. Paint the cap gold.
I added a wire as an after thought but you should probably add it before you glue the cardboard roll closed. LOL. So typical, I always get ahead of myself. How about you?




These are big and bold and just a happy addition to the holiday decor. Most of all, I was able to use up everything from my STASH. #DESTASH

Now I'm thinking disco balls for New Years. YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!
Happy New Year folks. Remember to pin this for next year's holiday season.






No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10