Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Upcycled Vintage Silver Coffee Cup w Hot Cocoa Spoons




I picked up this vintage silver/silver plated ?? coffee mug at a thrift store for 50 cents. It had a little piece of metal on the side where I believe it had a handle. I'm pretty sure these mugs had glass inserts that held coffee. 
As soon as I saw it I thought it would look cute next to the coffee pot with some tea spoons or some chocolate spoons.

I love to chalk paint silver pieces. It's always quick work to make these pieces coordinate wherever you need.
 It's a quick paint, some sanding and then I use a coat of clear wax, the same wax  I use for my furniture. And of course a good buff to set the paint.





I made the white chocolate and dark chocolate spoons and embellished them with mini marshmallows and red, white and green sprinkles. 
Great for coffee or hot cocoa. My husband couldn't wait to get a hot cocoa and a marshmallow chocolate spoon. He was like a little boy with his spoon and said, "This is the best hot cocoa I have ever had."

 It's all very festive and the perfect way to upcycle this little lost vessel. Suddenly it's the star! A perfect upcycle.





With love and gratitude,

Michele












Find me partying here all week, at these link parties, with some great bloggers.

Follow us out on Facebook, Pinterest , Instagram, Linkedin, or Bloglovin .

1 comment:

  1. This is super cute and so festive! We love upcycling too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10