Monday, March 15, 2021

Chalk Painted RV Sofa

Chalk paint is a blessing. It's one of my favorite tools. It's what I used to paint my faux leather futon...esk sofa in our RV.

So the sofa has begun to peel and flake in the last few months. I feel like it's a manufacturer defect but since we were headed out on a road trip I decided to dive in with a quick paint job and clear coat of wax. 
It was my hope to stop the peeling, flaking in it's tracks and not deal with the mess during our trip. Also I have been wanting to paint these faux leather pieces in the RV anyway.😉 I like a pop of color, like this blue. 





The tuille, along with the Mr and Mrs banner were part of my decorating  for what I like to call, " The Honeymoon Tour."

(It's not perfect but it has the look of worn leather, which I like, minus the flakes now)
See the flakes. Ugh. 

I gave the piece a nice wipe down and vacuum. Using my big fat round chalk paint brush, I gave this baby two quick coats. It was seriously very quick and I only used one 8 oz. paint. 

After the paint dried ,  I added two coats of Fiddess and Sons clear wax. This wax is truly amazing!!! If you haven't tried it , I totally recommend you do. It's a good way to wax your wood furniture.  Buffing between coats of wax really helped this piece look like it was purchased this color. 
I'm addicted to chalk paint and you can see why. 
Off to paint some eggs. 

With love and gratitude,

Michele












Find me partying here all week, at these link parties, with some great bloggers.

Follow us out on Facebook, Pinterest , Instagram, Linkedin, or Bloglovin .

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10