Thursday, June 4, 2020

Tags ala Coastal Bohemian

I spent Tuesday night making mixed media tags for fun and stress relief too.

I use up some old cardboard packaging cut into tag shapes.
I had this ream of colorful print paper and glued several pieces to some cardstock. 
Then I stamped these pretty flowers onto the colorful paper and cut the flowers out.







I used stencils and inks to achieve a background. (In this one I've inked the stencil onto a watercolor paper I had made. )
These papers were made using the bright colored papers and applying bleach using a paint brush.

You can see bits of the paper used behind the flower here. The string I used here, is a strand from a Dollar Tree mophead. The cotton is very absorbant and will take color from spray inks and inkpad color.
With all the painting I do, I have started to use the paper towels that mop up all that pretty color. They make pretty additions to mixed media art. You can see I use some for the background of this tag. Lots of mod podge  gets the paper towel adhered and then I  can embellish . 

This is a cluster. It's a layering of bits of paper and sometimes some bits of fabric. I use white glue to lay down my pieces and then when it's all dry I ink around the edges to make them look old and vintage. I use these for paper crafting and journaling but wouldn't they be darling on a package?



Here's a cluster I made and it showcases the same flower stamp on fabric. The inside is made from air dry clay balls I had left over from a project and under the beads I used bit of frayed fabric.

You get the idea. 
Here are a few more to help you get inspired to take an evening making some tags.


Frayed denim for a tie.
Distress inks to color the ribbons and cotton and to stencil the backgrounds 

Painted music paper. Easy to do. Lay down some paint on a piece of deli paper . Spray with water. Use music papers to soak up the paints. Let dry. Use for fun and games.






These were fun and I thank you for playing along with me. 

With love and gratitude,


Michele












Find me partying here all week, at these link parties, with some great bloggers.

If you are in Myrtle Beach come on down and visit us at the Coastal Bohemian Studio or Follow us out on Facebook, Pinterest , Instagram, Linkedin, or Bloglovin .

8 comments:

  1. These tags are so pretty! I used to make cards and scrapbooks years ago and I have tons of paper left over. I need to pull it back out and use it up. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle. I'm glad I gave you the inspiration. Stay in touch and don't forget to share them with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your tags--especially the economy/upcycling-ness of it! I use the raveled strings from items I have fringed for tags, bits of leftover yarn, bakery twine, and bits of embroidery floss and ribbon. I have recently started cutting up cardboard boxes (our recycle station does not take cereal box type cardboard) to make price tags with-some are plain, some REALLY funky. They would be great for mixed media art, too! Tissue boxes have great amounts of pretty designs for tags and card making!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow . would love to see you price tags. That's a fantastic upcycle idea.

      Delete
  4. Your tags look awesome! Great idea incorporating used paper towels. Thanks for hosting a great party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for linking up with me at my #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 13, open June 1 to 26. All party entries shared if social media buttons installed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am Laura Mildred by name, i was diagnosed with Herpes 4 years ago i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn't going to ever be well again i contacted so many herbal doctors on this issue and wasted a large sum of money but my condition never got better i was determined to get my life back so one day i saw Mr. Morrison Hansen post on how Dr. Emu saved him from Herpes with herbal medicine i contacted Dr. Emu on his Email: Emutemple@gmail.com we spoke on the issue i told him all that i went through and he told me not to worry that everything will be fine again so he prepared the medicine and send it to me and told me how to use it, after 14 days of usage I went to see the doctor for test,then the result was negative, am the happiest woman on earth now thanks to Dr. Emu God bless you. Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com Whats-app or Call him: +2347012841542 

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10