Monday, March 9, 2020

Seashell Palm -Coastal Theme Challenge Blog Hop

Welcome to the monthly blog hop challenge . Each month several bloggers create a project based on the theme of the month. This month is a "Coastal " theme, my favorite. Get ready for all things beach, coastal and nautical. 


Meet this month's co-hosts!
You'll find links to all their blog posts here and below.

Here's what I created this month.
Seashell Palm Tree.



If you follow this blog , you probably know I think in seashells. I have lived in Myrtle Beach, SC for several years and we have recently decided to make the move to Florida full time now. As we drove back to South Carolina we passed by the welcome sign with the state logo.

I have loved this logo and used it in many projects and for arts and crafts classes down at the Coastal Bohemian studio.

It had me wondering what I would do without it. Once I move, it's no longer mine. LOL

And then I could see the image without the moon.....made with seashells. 
So that's how I had the inspiration for this Coastal DIY Challenge.
To make it even more challenging, I had limited supplies until I could get to my studio.
 I found some soft blue chalk paint for the background.

I gathered up some shells I had purchased at a thrift for $1.99. I played with a layout for the palm tree trunk and had a small stash of oyster shells.


To me, this created a colorful base. 

Some big palm leaves. 
And some more leaves.

Now what. Some sand? Some sea glasss?



No. Not the glass.

Some shadowing around the edge using a black graphite pencil.




 A little glue and sand .



InLinkz logo icon                                                                                             After staring at that plain blue canvas, I added some watercolor and blended my colors to create a sunset / sunrise look. While the colors where wet I used a paper towel to soften the look even further. I did use the water color as well to create the vignette.


Thanks for stopping in for a read.



With love and gratitude,

Michele












Find me partying here all week, at these link parties, with some great bloggers.

If you are in Myrtle Beach come on down and visit us at the Coastal Bohemian Studio or Follow us out on Facebook, Pinterest , Instagram, Linkedin, or Bloglovin .

13 comments:

  1. How creative! I love coastal decor, especially in the summer (which I'm totally ready for). Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember you posting on FB for ideas to finish this project, Michele! I rooted for the sea glass and I see you nixed that idea! In any event, I loved how your project turned out! With the sand - it's lovely, and a great memento of the logo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. Thanks for following my antics. Somedays it's hard to pull the inspiration to the point that you love it. The traveling can make it challenging.

      Delete
  3. What a great reminder of your time in Myrtle Beach! We went on vacation there a few years ago and I just LOVED it. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! The sand at the bottom was a great choice. Good luck with your move to Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a cool coastal creation. I think adding the sand at the bottom was a great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks and I appreciate you always reading along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great! It would also be a fun way to make memories of beach vacations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed reading your thoughts and steps you took to create your collage, great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Am Laura Mildred by name, i was diagnosed with Herpes 4 years ago i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn't going to ever be well again i contacted so many herbal doctors on this issue and wasted a large sum of money but my condition never got better i was determined to get my life back so one day i saw Mr. Morrison Hansen post on how Dr. Emu saved him from Herpes with herbal medicine i contacted Dr. Emu on his Email: Emutemple@gmail.com we spoke on the issue i told him all that i went through and he told me not to worry that everything will be fine again so he prepared the medicine and send it to me and told me how to use it, after 14 days of usage I went to see the doctor for test,then the result was negative, am the happiest woman on earth now thanks to Dr. Emu God bless you. Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com Whats-app or Call him: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10