Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Upcycled Starfish Spoon








One day, I was shopping a yard sale and came across a collectible spoon. It was priced at 25 cents, so I thought I could upcycle it by finding something , like a seashell, to adhere to it and give it a nautical flare. It also felt delicate enough to use with my Rose Sugar. Perfect.

So I'm looking at this spoon for a few weeks 
when I come across this hair band. 


It's designed with metal starfish. Ding dong! My brain makes the connection.

The purpose of this blog post is to encourage you to upcycle . Use the things you have around in a new and inventive way and by all means shop yard sales!!!


In this case, I had to remove the charm from the hair band






and remove the metal clip from the back of the starfish.

Then I used some E6000 to glue the starfish to the spoon.

I consider this a hand wash item and not something I would put in the dishwasher.

So sweet and perfect for my Rose Sugar.




Thanks for playing along. Don't forget to leave me a comment below and let me know how you could have upcycled the spoon.



















With love and gratitude,

Michele












Find me partying here all week, at these link parties, with some great bloggers.

If you are in Myrtle Beach come on down and visit us at the Coastal Bohemian Studio or Follow us out on Facebook, Pinterest , Instagram, Linkedin, or Bloglovin .

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I see those spoons all the time but never thought to make them into something so sweet as a sugar spoon!!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tania. Be sure to check out the recipe for the Rose Sugar to go with the spoon.

      Delete
  2. Interesting use of different items!! Thanks so much for linking up with me at my #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 10, open March 1 to 26. All entries shared on social media if share buttons installed.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10