Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Limelight Gallery and Studio -An Artist Date

A number of years ago I read, "The Artist's Way" , a workbook for creatives. My best friend Jeanmarie recommended it to me, for me. 



 A work in progress by Sharon , Limelight Studios and Gallery

The author discusses the importance of some alone time for the creative soul. 
Here's what she says.

The Artist Date is a once-weekly, festive, solo expedition to explore something that interests you. The Artist Date need not be overtly “artistic” — think mischief more than mastery. Artist Dates fire up the
imagination. They spark whimsy. They encourage play. Since art is about the
play of ideas, they feed our creative work by replenishing our inner well
of images and inspiration. When choosing an Artist Date, it is good to ask
yourself, “what sounds fun?” — and then allow yourself to try it.

 Julia Cameron -The Artist's Way 


My first Artist Date was to the Guggenheim Museum in NYC . And it was absolutely by myself and it was a great day of mischief. 

All these years later I still do Artist Dates but not quite as often as I should. Note to self... schedule "Artist Dates."

 While we were staying in Fort Walton Beach, Florida,  a little bit of an artsy town , I happened upon a display of art from a local gallery, tucked away in the children's section of the Fort Walton Beach Library. The art was over the top, large, proud pieces, with a unique and quirky side and more than a few pieces graced the top of the literary stacks.

I was told that the pieces were the works from the Limelight Gallery and Studio just down the road. 

I smell an Artist's Date. 

Let me tell you that, Sharon, the owner, is a very talented and passionate artist. She is full of love and kindness and exuberance for the world. 



Sharon has an easy way about her and as I admired her museum of goodies she told me about her clay classes.

Sign me up sister.


Within a few days , I was back with Sharon crafting a beautiful paper and  clay mermaid. 



Now, let me show you around Sharon's Studio and Gallery.

                
Jelly fish, dolphins and kissy fish suspended from the ceiling as if you were a part of an underwater playground. 
This Coastal Bohemian has found her home.
Magical butterflies.
 Seashell palaces and castles.



 Dragon's Eggs

 And "Egg Artistry" to make the Faberge family weak.




 Her more than life like, bejeweled mermaid greets those who visit the gallery.

                          
Nymphs and fairies and castles abound.




I hope you feel a little lighter when you read this, maybe like you treated yourself to an Artist Date.


And here's the link to Limelight Studio and Gallery on Facebook. Stop by and tell Sharon that Michele from Coastal Bohemian was raving about her.






Next  Artist's Date -Geo-caching.

With love and gratitude,


Michele





Find me partying here all week at these link parties with some great bloggers.

If you are in Myrtle Beach come on down and visit us at the Coastal Bohemian Studio or check us out on Facebook, Pinterest , Instagram, or  G+ .

5 comments:

  1. CURED FROM 5 YEARS HERPES VIRUS
    Am here to appreciate Dr. Ahmed Usman for using his herbal medicine to cure my Herpes virus. I have been leaving with Herpes Virus for the past 5 years now which has really depressed me morally and mentally, I was so perplexed cause i have been taking several drugs to be cured but all of my effort was in vain, one morning I was surfing the internet, I came across several testimonies about Dr. Ahmed Usman curing people from Herpes virus and immediately i contacted him on his email: drahmedusman5104@gmail.com, I told him about my troubles and he told me that he will definitely cure me. He gave me some instructions which i rightly followed, so he prepared a herbal medicine for me and sent it to me which i used for 21 days and everything was like a dream to me , I was having some outbreaks because of the virus like sores on my body but unfortunately it was gone, I decided to go for a test and with my surprise I was Negative from the virus with no trace of it on my blood confirmed by PCR test. Why don't you contact him today and be free from your diseases because he is very good and honest email him; drahmedusman5104@gmail.com or via his mobile number on +2348064460510. He has Herbal medicine for Cancer, Fibroid, painful menstruation, Obesity, Autism, Measles, Bring back your lover charm, heart diseases, ALS and strokes, Skin infections plaque psoriasis..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very happy today, I have been suffering from herpes since 2013, i have spent a lot on drugs and herbs which has all proved abortive, i have tried all means in life to cure my herpes , but there was no answer until i met Dr.oduku and i contacted him and he prepare medicine for me after I took his medication as he told me, i am now Herpes Negative, i am very very happy, thanks to Dr.oduku for helping my life come back newly again without any form of crisis, i promise to tell your name and good deeds to the whole world.Kindly contact him for cure regarding, HIV, Herpes, Cancer and other deadly diseases. contact him on is email address; odukuherbalremediess@gmail.com Call or Whats App +2347067706774.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been suffering from Herpes for the past 3 years and 8 months, and ever since then i have been taking series of treatment but there was no improvement until i came across testimonies of Dr Oliha on how he has been curing different people from different diseases all over the world, then i contacted him as well. After our conversation he sent me the medicine which I took according to his instructions. When I was done taking the herbal medicine I went for a medical checkup and to my greatest surprise I was cured from Herpes. My heart is so filled with joy. If you are suffering from Herpes or any other disease you can contact Dr Oliha today on this Email address: {oliha.miraclemedicine@gmail.com} or WhatsApp him on this Tell.Number +2349038382931

    ReplyDelete
  4. The doctors said Herpes virus do not have medical cure because the virus is capable of hiding within the human cells, it remains protected from your immune system. Herpes isn’t a special virus – your immune system has the tools to fight it back. But because it is able to lay dormant in protected cells, your immune system is unable to remove it from your body,But with strong reactive herbal medication is capable of getting rid of the virus gradually and totally from your body without damaging any of your cells,natural herbs kills the virus totally not just reducing the out break. Get natural herbs cure Email DR. VOODOO at voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com Add Dr voodoo on whatsApp +2348140120719

    ReplyDelete
  5. THE MAN GOD SENT TO HELP ME IS DR EBOSELE.

    It is said that when someone has done good for you he or she has to be appreciated this is why i am here to appreciate and share a good news about DR EBOSELE for curing me from the Genital Herpes. i have been dealing with HSV1 AND SINCE 2019 until 2021 when i come to contact the God sent man DR EBOSELE who gave 2 weeks treatment and suddenly all the pox on my skin left and am herpes free with the cure from EBOSELE SOLUTIONS . with this great happiness in my heart i wanna ask ya all to join me thank him and if anyone need help to cure any kind of disease or anything prayers kindly contact him today via his details below:
    Email; eboselesolutions@gmail.com,
    Whatsapp/call; +2348146646995
    cureforherpesnow665.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10