Friday, August 3, 2018

Rosette Caddy


After we cleaned out my mom's apartment, I happened upon this little crate/ caddy. All that color is a bit much for me but I just couldn't throw it out. Perfect for an upcycle project, if you ask me.





I gave it a coat of Crisp Collar Chalk Country Paint, our  true white. I sell the line at my studio and have been in a white on white phase for this whole summer.


I had made these darling little roses from some paper clay.  Read more about the clay roses here .



I decided to experiment with #CreativePaperclay because I believed the clay pieces would be perfect embellishments for upcycled furniture.

Let's see what we can do with these roses.




I played around for a little while trying to design a nice enough layout using the roses.

The roses looked beautiful along the top. I used my Gorilla Wood Glue to adhere the roses to the wooden caddy/crate.


Next I painted the roses and dry brushed black along the entire piece, including the roses.

I lined the bottom with some beautiful scrapbook paper in the style of a hand written, old  note.
If you can't find this paper, you can easily stamp up a piece using a vintage note stamp.



So pretty. I love it, but now what? What will I store in this? Hairbrushes? I don't have that many. 
Mini books? It's too pretty. 
I decided it needed storage tucked inside that complimented the project. Off to the dollar store.

I found two old fashion, style candy jars and added roses to each lid using E6000.





This would make a great hostess gift filled with candy. It's really, very pretty in person and I'm very satisfied with the outcome.


Thanks for hanging with me through my white phase.

With love and gratitude,

Michele


















"Michele Michael is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”



Find me partying here all week at these link parties with some great bloggers.

If you are in Myrtle Beach come on down and visit us at the Coastal Bohemian Studio or check us out on Facebook, Pinterest , Instagram, or  G+ .

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10