Thursday, July 5, 2018

30A Inspired Artist Trading Cards


"Michele Michael is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”
Here's  the thing about needing glasses to read.

You see what happens when I take pictures? 



 In the blurry pics above I was going to show you the bases that I cut from The Grayton Beer Company, 30A Beach Blonde Beer cardboard, six pack, carry case.
 I love the beer and I love the colors and images from the cardboard carry case so much I decided to make a series of 7 artist trading cards using the cardboard.These are titled "30A Seaside"
First I cut  2" x 3" bases for a standard Artist Trading Card . I chose the  parts of the cardboard that had the best images. Next I tor off a little piece of vintage music pages that I had stained . I simply applied a small piece of the music page to each of the cards. I did this using Mod Podge applied to the back of the music page.
Next I sponged on some blue paint around the edges. 


Next I sponged on some blue paint around the edges.  You can see that in this photo below. 
After that I added some sunshine rays in black permanent marker and that's when I saw these cute little smiley face stickers. They really added a bit of whimsy to the mini work of art . I could feel the build of the mixed media coming together.

I laid out all the cards and did a quick mist of Glimmer Mist in Graphite. I needed to tone down the brightness of the cardboard a little bit more.  Yes that worked .
https://www.amazon.com/Tattered-Glimmer-2-Ounce-Graphite-Metallic/dp/B00161Q02O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1530833792&sr=8-1&keywords=glimmer+mist+graphite


30 A is a beer named for the famous  30A strip of roadway in Florida's Panhandle that runs along some of the most beautiful seaside towns in the USA. So this project uses Seaside as it's theme. I cut some small banners and hand wrote the word Seaside and sprayed with  Glimmer Mist in  Carolina Blue .
 Then I used a glue stick to apply it to the piece. 
A little black ink helps to make the words pop and I'm feeling happy with this set of ATC's aka Artist Trading Cards. 

















With love and gratitude,

Michele












Find me partying here all week at these link parties with some great bloggers.

If you are in Myrtle Beach come on down and visit us at the Coastal Bohemian Studio or check us out on Facebook, Pinterest , Instagram, or  G+ .

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10