Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Texture Casting Seahorses make this piece POP





I took this old red bedside table and Chalk Country Painted it.





Next I used a seahorse stencil and then applied texture casting to the two doors . The texture casting is a wood based compound that adheres to the chalky painted finish and most wood pieces. You lay down the stencil and cover the image with texture casting using a spatula.


After you have completely covered the stencil image with texture casting , you very carefully lift the stencil straight up and off the furniture. Let dry 24 hrs. The piece will have peaks and valleys just like this photo below. The photo below shows the side angle of the casting before sanding. ******Because the photo I took of the side angle of this piece was not good I am including a pic from another project. This is meant to show you the peaks and valleys before sanding. Using a rotary sander you can now smooth the casting down.





At this point you can paint or stain or wax the casting.



I decided that I wanted to distress mine so I could see some color below . I painted black and not a perfect job because I knew I wanted this to look old and IMPERFECT!


 Now a top coat of the base color.
Some sanding and some clear wax and new knobs. Painted handle and glimmered with some glimmer powders. Cost below for two tables



Thanks for stopping by . Don't forget to leave a comment below.

 I  love when you give feedback.
Happy Labor Day and Happy  Back to School. 
-Michele 



                                                  www.coastalbohemian.net
                                             843-779-6041 or 631-245-2674
                                               coastalbohemian@gmail.com


6 comments:

  1. Amazing transformation! I love the color and the seahorses! Pinned and saved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again! I've chosen your beautiful bedside table to be featured on You're The Star July Week 2! Congrats! Thanks for linking up!
    Mel-Decor Craft Design

    ReplyDelete
  3. CURED FROM 5 YEARS HERPES VIRUS
    Am here to appreciate Dr. Ahmed Usman for using his herbal medicine to cure my Herpes virus. I have been leaving with Herpes Virus for the past 5 years now which has really depressed me morally and mentally, I was so perplexed cause i have been taking several drugs to be cured but all of my effort was in vain, one morning I was surfing the internet, I came across several testimonies about Dr. Ahmed Usman curing people from Herpes virus and immediately i contacted him on his email: drahmedusman5104@gmail.com, I told him about my troubles and he told me that he will definitely cure me. He gave me some instructions which i rightly followed, so he prepared a herbal medicine for me and sent it to me which i used for 21 days and everything was like a dream to me , I was having some outbreaks because of the virus like sores on my body but unfortunately it was gone, I decided to go for a test and with my surprise I was Negative from the virus with no trace of it on my blood confirmed by PCR test. Why don't you contact him today and be free from your diseases because he is very good and honest email him; drahmedusman5104@gmail.com or via his mobile number on +2348064460510. He has Herbal medicine for Cancer, Fibroid, painful menstruation, Obesity, Autism, Measles, Bring back your lover charm, heart diseases, ALS and strokes, Skin infections plaque psoriasis..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very happy today, I have been suffering from herpes since 2013, i have spent a lot on drugs and herbs which has all proved abortive, i have tried all means in life to cure my herpes , but there was no answer until i met Dr.oduku and i contacted him and he prepare medicine for me after I took his medication as he told me, i am now Herpes Negative, i am very very happy, thanks to Dr.oduku for helping my life come back newly again without any form of crisis, i promise to tell your name and good deeds to the whole world.Kindly contact him for cure regarding, HIV, Herpes, Cancer and other deadly diseases. contact him on is email address; odukuherbalremediess@gmail.com Call or Whats App +2347067706774.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am Laura Mildred by name, i was diagnosed with Herpes 4 years ago i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn't going to ever be well again i contacted so many herbal doctors on this issue and wasted a large sum of money but my condition never got better i was determined to get my life back so one day i saw Mr. Morrison Hansen post on how Dr. Emu saved him from Herpes with herbal medicine i contacted Dr. Emu on his Email: Emutemple@gmail.com we spoke on the issue i told him all that i went through and he told me not to worry that everything will be fine again so he prepared the medicine and send it to me and told me how to use it, after 14 days of usage I went to see the doctor for test,then the result was negative, am the happiest woman on earth now thanks to Dr. Emu God bless you. Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com Whats-app or Call him: +2347012841542 

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10