Monday, February 12, 2018

Family Favorite Recipe Blog Hop -Greek Butter Cookies-Kourabiethes-



Join me today as we visit with fellow bloggers in this Favorite Family Recipe Blog Hop.

My recipe is for Kourabiethes-Greek Butter Cookies.

I grew up in a big, fat, Greek and Italian home and  when I went into Astoria, Queens, NY to visit my Big Fat Greek family, this was one of my favorite cookies that my aunts would serve to me. Over the years, I have been gifted several Greek cookbooks that I cherish and I have adopted this family infused version as my own family favorite.  
Make sure you pick up a bottle of Ouzo for this recipe, it's one of the secret ingredients that sets this butter cookie aside from other butter cookies. Make sure to pour yourself a glass on the rocks too. It's all about the setting.



Please stop by and visit these ladies and show them the love and maybe find yourself , your next family favorite recipe.








 Greek Butter Cookies

Here's a link to the original posting of this recipe.

https://coastalbohemian.blogspot.com/2016/12/greek-butter-cookie-recipe-kourabiethes.html

The pictures below will help you understand the steps better. I suggest printing the recipe and then looking through the photos.There is a little extra work to use the clarified butter but it makes a simply amazing cookie.






This photo shows the tinfoil with sifted powdered sugar with  hot out the oven cookies placed on top. What happens is the warm cookie begins to absorb the sugar and sweetness. Remember this cookie has very little sugar inside and it comes alive with the powdered sugar.



Sift more powdered sugar on top of  the warm cookie. 
 Yes that is a colander and yes I use it to sift powdered sugar. 
Give everyone a little cookie liner nest and plate these up.






With love and gratitude
Michele
Coastal Bohemian

If you are in Myrtle Beach come on down and visit us at the Coastal Bohemian Studio or check us out on Facebook, Pinterest , Instagram, or  G+ .

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10